5 Day Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Tour
- Duration : 5 Days (approx.)
- Location: Humpty Doo, NT
- Product code : 5DKKL
DAY 1 - DARWIN TO KAKADU NATIONAL PARK
- Pick up Darwin CBD 6.30am.
- Travelling towards Kakadu, our first stop is Corroboree Billabong, for a wildlife boat cruise. While cruising the Mary River wetlands you get the chance to see saltwater crocodiles and an - amazing variety of bird life in their natural habitats, all while learning about the important ecosystem they share.
- Next, stop the "Bark Hut Inn", an iconic Australian pub and roadhouse, hand built back in the days of buffalo hunting.
- Off to Ubirr, we wander through ancient sandstone outcrops, viewing paintings depicting traditional Aboriginal people’s way of life over countless generations,
- Climb to the top of Ubirr, where you get amazing panoramic views of the massive flood plains and Stone country of Kakadu and Arnhem Land.
- Set up camp in the heart of Kakadu, for campfire cooking and sleeping under the stars. (LD) Managed Camping Area
DAY 2 - KAKADU NATIONAL PARK
Today we're up early before taking to the dirt roads, for our 4WD adventure into Jim Jim and Twin Falls.
Taking the Escarpment Walk to the top of Twin Falls, you'll be rewarded with the amazing views of Twin Falls Gorge and then swimming in secluded freshwater pools.
After lunch, we make our way over to Jim Jim Gorge, following the walking track through monsoon forest brings you to the base of the falls, another chance for a refreshing swim surrounded by the towering cliffs of the Jim Jim Gorge.
Back to our camp for dinner cooked on the campfire. (BLD) Managed Camping Area
DAY 3 - KAKADU NATIONAL PARK
- After an early breakfast, we head off towards Maguk (Barramundi Gorge). We walk into the Gorge following Barramundi Creek, through majestic paperbark trees. As we cross the creek, heading towards the waterfall, keep an eye out for the many the different species of fish, (Barramundi, Long Tom, Black Bream and Archer Fish. Just to name a few) at the end of the walk you can cool off in the plunge pool below the falls.
Leaving Kakadu we head towards Leliyn (Edith Falls) in Nitmiluk National Park, here you can sit back and take in the natural beauty of the area or go for a refreshing swim in the plunge pool.
Camping under the stars and cooking around the campfire. (BLD) Private Camping
DAY 4 - NITMILUK NATIONAL PARK
Today you and your new friends can explore Katherine Gorge at your own pace on your full day self-guided tour, canoeing between the towering sandstone cliffs etched out over almost 2 billion years ago by the now Katherine River
Tonight eating dinner around the campfire, before sleeping under the stars. (BLD) Bush camping
DAY 5 - LITCHFIELD NATIONAL PARK
Our last day is spent travelling through and absorbing the beauty of Litchfield National Park. This area is full of amazing waterfalls, plunge pools, cascading creeks and the world famous Magnetic Termite Mounds.
After exploring Litchfield it's only a short drive back to Darwin. (BL)
Don't forget Thursday night is the popular Mindil Beach Sunset Markets, a great place for visitors and locals alike to grab a bite to eat or stroll through the colourful local stalls on display. With a melting pot of cultural delights, music and entertainment, the choice is abundant and shouldn’t be missed.
Mindil Beach Market, May - October -Thursday (5-10pm) - Sunday (4-9pm)
Please note that seasonal closures might affect some areas, in this case, alternate areas will be used. (Early dry season, May - Jim Jim Gorge and Twin Falls will be closed)
All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, National Park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional Owners or unforeseen circumstances. All tours must be reconfirmed at least 3 days prior to travel. Sugarbag Safaris reserves the right to cancel a safari or arrange an alternative operator if group numbers are insufficient. (Min 5 People)